SUNDERLAND PRIVATE LANDLORDS ASSOCIATION
Disclaimer - whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on this website is accurate,no liability can be accepted by the SPLA, its officers or members for any loss caused as a result of reliance on any of the information contained herein.
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (except January, August and December) at 19-30, upstairs at the R.A.O.B. Club (Sir John Short Club) in Rutland Street, Millfield, Sunderland. Prospective members will be made most welcome. A picture of the building is shown below.
The meetings are very informal affairs, however we do stick to a basic agenda in order to ensure that as much ground as possible is covered. The form of agenda is shown below but obviously this is changed slightly when we have specific issues to discuss or have guest speakers.
1) INTRODUCTION (What is happening at this meeting?)
2) INTRODUCTIONS (Any new/prospective members present?)
3) TREASURERS REPORT/ MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
a) Events (Seminars, forums, meetings, presentations, etc.)
b) Policy (Changes to legislation, Council Policy, etc.)
5) MAIN DISCUSSION a) Requests for specific topics
b) General topical ‘chit chat’.
6) MEMBERS PROBLEM FORUM
a) New problems or queries?
b) Update and feedback on old problems.
7) SUGGESTIONS (Suggestions for future meetings, action by members, etc.)
9) ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING.